European Travel

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Inspired
So many “signs” are revealing themselves to me. I recently began attending mass weekly. I don’t always have a said day to go, but am often “pulled” there. Each mass evokes some thought or contributes to some thought that longs inside me. The priest will be talking, the lecture will be reading, and suddenly an answer or revelation will pop into my head. Often it requires my reflection and concentration on that thought afterwards to fully grow into the idea. The growing changes me, it allows me to rest in it, control my reaction, remembering my circle of influence is only so wide, but it is wide enough to give me peace.Awakening is what Eckert calls it. “A New Earth”…in the book “God Calling” it is a matter of listening and resting “under in the shade of the trees” God planted. It is about not letting the world affect you, but you affecting the world, positively. Our perspective & attitude lay precursor to the way the world views us. Our children look to our response as an example. I believe by passing the “yoke” to Christ, loving Him for who He is and not what He can do for me, trusting the 100% reliable GPS (God’s Perfect Soluntion) of the Almighty, reveals to me my specific path to God’s heaven. I believe in a heaven during life. If God lies in your soul, is part of your daily moments & you believe that wherever He is, so is His kingdom, then heaven is in fact here on earth. Eckert describes this as “new heaven” in the “transformed state of human consciousness, and a “new earth” as “the reflection in the physical realm.” In God Calling, it is resting in your faith.A new Earth is fine, but it isn’t new, it’s an old idea…a longing imprinted into each of us by a creator who knew that the process is part of the joy of life. That learning it on a journey throughout life is more meaningful than getting the answer given to us.The human being is in a constant state of longing….we attempt to satisfy that longing with material things, food, sex, “love”, children, pets, hobbies, but if we do not recognize that these are paths to self discovery and not accomplishments in themselves, then we will never realize the source of our longing. So your religion doesn’t really matter. You can be Catholic, protestant, Christian, Islamic, Buddist, etc. it is the spiritual path that speaks to your soul making the difference. The imprinted code is part of the human being. Every philosopher known to man struggles with this knowledge. We each have our own life struggle, specific to us, it’s imprinted there when we are born. Some call it predestination, others feel it is our free will that chooses our paths, it is both and none of these things. God calls each of us differently. His certain choice directs our lives well before we are even aware of it. He makes it so. He loves us; we must learn to trust that love if we are to satisfy the longing inside of us. If we want awakening, if we want spiritual pureness, if we want peace, then learn to love & laugh…resting under in the shade under the trees planted for us….and planting new shade trees for our future selves in the moments that follow.Children have this gift. God calls us his children. We must be them. Children live in the now, they experience moments positively, laughing, enjoying the way life feels on their skin, in their hair. Even a sick child rests without worry. Children do not worry, b/c they trust parents to take care of them. So too is God’s hope and wish for each of us. He wants us to rest without worry in every moment of our life. In the spiritual pray before Eucharist, our priest says “remove us from all anxiety as we wait in the joyful hope of coming of our lord”….if we are waiting with trust then we can enjoy the waiting without worry, with carefree hearts, with love, with acceptance, without any fear.I have a great friend. She awakened in me the stirrings that I discuss above. She has become for me my “Spiritual Mother” here on earth. I follow her example, I listen for her praise, and I long for her guidance. She is just a human being. If she can do all these things for me, which inspire me, comfort me, mold me, then I can only imagine what my life might be, if I place my trust in God. This essay begins in anger or protest to a book I haven’t yet read, but the idea of making a spiritual journey and personal faith journey “trendy” really bothers me. Upon reflection, I had the same reaction to “What would Jesus do?” jewelry. The idea of having Jesus as you buddy bothered me. I say bothered me, because it doesn’t anymore. I’d rather have my child look at Jesus as a buddy than to not have Him influencing their lives. Although, the “trendy” thing does bother me, b/c I worry that it is a “quick fix” or flippant attempt for answers. However, everyone needs a seed to start the crystallization process; just a small scratch on their perspective to true a gooey mess into a stunning gem.My life quest spiritual guides me. My pride and competitiveness clouds the issue. Every person’s path, even though it is different, be it easier from my perspective or not, is imprinted by the One I trust, so this in itself should be enough. Happiness comes from peace, which can only be experienced by resting and trusting in God’s path.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...