European Travel

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

We Take Care of our Own

34 Days until Joe is home!

I too will walk the political "tight-rope" as THE BOSS does in his latest song, We Take Care of Our Own.  Springsteen has always commanded a certain wonderful sentimentality in his beautiful ballads mashed together with his rugged appearance (much as his fatherland).  I continue to find him as current and in touch as I did the first time my high school boyfriend played Thunder Road for me on a 32 vinyl.   What this song speaks to is a higher calling; a calling to put past differences aside, look at the soul of our fellow Americans and realize these people are our own.  Americans forget that undying spirit that makes our country great; the spirit of unity. 

Looking forward to the album release on March 6th and the individual tracks between now and then.  :) 

3 comments:

jmommymom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jmommymom said...

You are going to have to meet my American friend who lives near Heidleburg. She has been to tons of concerts. You two would really hit it off.

Unknown said...

Boss groupie huh! Go NJ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...